Former program participants have been appointed to lead 21CL into its 30th anniversary of service to Georgia’s High School Students
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(February 2019) Atlanta, GA – 21st Century Leaders has appointed its first Junior Board of Directors comprised of members from the 14,000 Alumni participants that the program has served. These members bring a myriad of corporate, entrepreneur, and volunteer experience to the forefront. As 21st Century Leaders focuses on its 30th Anniversary, introducing this Junior Board of Directors is setting the precedent for the organization to increase engagement, fundraising, and impact.
Appointed as the Junior Board Chairperson is Brandi Harrison, who works in a senior position with Turner and is excited to take on a leadership role that will continue to add value to the organization. “As we head into the next decade, I’m excited to continue to give back to 21st Century Leaders and their Junior Board to make a significant impact on our community and revitalize our amazing alumni.”
Being a member of the Junior Board will provide the opportunity for alumni to help drive the engagement of how the alumni strategy will become effective. Additionally, it will enable alumni to have a path of communication with past attendees and assist in giving a voice to alumni on how 21st Century Leaders will continue to grow in the future. These individuals will also be able to learn skills and build relationships that could lead to future board service.
21st Century Leaders is proud to announce the following 18 professionals on being selected to the first ever 21st Century Leaders Junior Board:
- Brandi Harrison, Manager of Production and Crewing at Turner; Junior Board Chair
- Chancellor Mack, Enterprise Account Executive at Workday; Junior Board Vice-Chair
- Erin Lightfoot, Operations Manager III at Amazon; Junior Board Secretary
- Jacque-Corey Cormier, Clinical Assistant Professor at Georgia State University; Chair of Education & Advocacy Committee
- Taylor Benford, Management Consulting Senior Analyst at Accenture; Co-Chair of Alumni Relations Committee
- Mic Miller, Owner at Mic Group; Co-Chair of Alumni Relations Committee
- Josephine Obiofuma, Owner at Nkechi Collection, Law Student at Emory University; Chair of Fundraising and Events Committee
- Peyton Callanan, Marketing Manager at 360 Smart Networks, Chair of Marketing and Communications Committee
- Derik Guyton, Technology Support Specialist II at TSYS; Chair of IT/Technology Committee
- Julia Abelsky, Strategy and Analytics Analyst at LinkedIn
- Brienné Coates, IFC Analyst at The Home Depot
- Emmanuel Elsar Jr., Digital Business Analyst at The Coca-Cola Company
- Brittany Griffin, Implementation Specialist II at DealerTrack
- Michael Lee, Jr., Director of Marketing, Branding and Public Relations at DeKalb County Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Akul Munjal, Medical Student at Medical College of Georgia
- Liesel Stanhope, Attorney at Connecticut Veterans Legal Center
- Taylor Thomas, College Advisor at Georgia College Advising Corps
- Tavari Turner, Director of Grants & Special Initiatives at Boys & Girls Clubs of the Chattahoochee Valley Inc.
The Junior Board cannot do this alone and would like to enlist the help of their fellow Alumni. If you are interested in becoming more involved with the organization and/or serving on a committee with the Junior Board of Directors, please visit the alumni portion of the website and update your Alumni information form. Let your voice be heard! 21st Century Leaders is committed to creating the best alumni network possible through engagement opportunities, fundraising and events, service initiatives, alumni benefits, and other incentives.
About 21st Century Leaders:
Since 1989, 21st Century Leaders has served more than 14,000 diverse high school students from over 250 Georgia high schools. 21st Century Leaders is a collaboration of business and professional leaders inspiring high school students to take on leadership positions, seek out opportunities and give back to their communities by connecting them a diverse group of enthusiastic peers, passionate professionals and powerful ideas, transforming their skills, attitudes, and abilities through training and hands-on experiences. For more information about 21st Century Leaders and how you can be a part of the 30 Year celebration, visit www.21stcenturyleaders.org.
# # #
For media and photo inquiries, please contact:
Marketing and Alumni Relations Manager, 21st Century Leaders
email@example.com | 404.373.7441
Download Press Release