21st Century Leaders Youth Leadership Centers are school-based programs designed to build leadership and career pathway skills for students housed in Georgia high schools. Each Leadership Center serves 25 students who are supported through the efforts of an advising teacher. The students meet twice monthly to organize service projects and leadership forums and engage in online and live workshops designed to develop their leadership and career skills.
In addition, students will engage in our online leadership platform and work on our seven online lessons such as Personal Branding, Career Interest, Judgement and Decision Making. Each lesson is designed to last no more than one hour.
The goals for students engaged in a 21st Century Leaders’ Youth Leadership Center are:
- To develop and practice leadership skills relevant to school, community and the workforce
- To develop servant leadership skills within the school and community
- To discover and learn more about a specific career pathway, assisting schools to meet the requirements of GA House Bill #186
Each Youth Leadership Center is responsible for the following activities:
- 2 monthly meetings with an advising teacher to plan activities, attend workshops, and share results of their online learning program;
- 6 leadership projects a year and other activities, including (4) service projects, (2) leadership forums, networking events, or workshops; the projects are intended to engage a wider school and community audience.
- Student engagement in 21CL live training events during the school year (fall and winter summits, monthly webinars, etc.).
- Student engagement in Leadership Connect, our online learning platform.
- Centennial High School
- Clarkston High School
- DeKalb Early College Academy
- Emanuel County Institute
- Henry W. Grady High School
- Swainsboro High School
- Twiggs County High School
- Westlake High School
Are you a current student at one of these schools and want to get involved at 21CL’s Youth Leadership Center? Email email@example.com to see how you can get connected!