Learn to Lead This Summer
Our summer leadership institutes will expand your leadership perspective and connect you with various businesses and industries located right here in Georgia.
Each leadership institute supports your leadership journey through interactive workshops, corporate tours, round tables with business leaders and alumni, a group project, and team-building exercises. Plus, you’ll have the time of your life living in college dorms and meeting a diverse group of students from all across the state!
The Summer Youth Leadership Institute@Goizueta focuses on business and entrepreneurship, giving students a wide sample of careers and social impact. Students stay on the campus of Emory University and the Goizueta Business School in Atlanta, engaging with companies like Coca-Cola, Cox Enterprises, and Goizueta’s Start:ME Accelerator.
EarthCare: The Leadership Challenge of the 21st Century, supported by the Georgia Power Foundation, focuses on environmental sustainability, energy efficiency, and STEM careers. Students stay on the campus of Georgia College & State University in Milledgeville, GA and engage with Georgia Power professionals, industry professionals, and community leaders.
The Healthcare & IT Institute focuses on healthcare and technology, exploring both business and clinical aspects of the industry. Students stay on the campus of Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, GA and engage with companies like Wellstar, Piedmont Hospital, LocumTenens.com, and Mercer Government.
Film & Entertainment Institute
The Film & Entertainment Institute focuses on media, film, production and entertainment industries, exploring career and training opportunities while getting hands-on experiences. Students stay on the campus of Georgia Institute of Technology in Atlanta and engage with companies like Warner Bros. Discovery and more.
How to Apply
Students interested in attending a summer leadership institute must submit an application to their institute of choice. There are a limited number of spots for each institute; students not selected to attend will be added to our wait list.
- Must be a rising sophomore, junior or senior in high school and live in the state of Georgia.
- Application for 21st Century Leaders’ summer leadership institutes is open January 8 – March 1, 2024.
- While completing the 21st Century Leaders application, you will select one of our summer leadership institutes to apply for. An application is required for both new students and for current 21CL students.
- All summer leadership institutes are residential, overnight programs on a college campus.
- All students accepted into a summer institute will be notified via email. Email is 21CL’s primary form of communication. Please be sure to check your junk or spam folders.
- If there is a cost to attend an institute (SYLI or HII), we have financial aid available! Don’t let financial concerns keep you from applying. There is no cost to apply.
- If accepted to attend, we will provide information about how to request financial support in April.
Ready to apply? The 2024 summer leadership institute application is open now.